Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ego Boost

Because I have nothing better to do today, I decided to make my own Kindle screensaver image. You know those images, right? The creepy black and white photos of famous, dead authors that pop up on the e-reader when it's not in use? Yeah, they really weird me out. Here's mine:

I know it's a bit risky to be reading someone else's book in a photo that's meant to promote my own. But I credit this book for making me feel like an entitled bitch who deserves her own Kindle screensaver photo. So I think it's merited.

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha! Love this! Maybe you have a new business here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be on to something, Tara. Discount Photoshopping services for disgruntled writers is definitely a growing market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I don't get it. I love the pic, but I don't get it. Are you totally joking, or can you actually make your own kindle screensavers? Because the originals are really creepy, and I want to put screensavers exactly like this on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't actually make Kindle screensavers, Matt. At least not the kind you can put on a real Kindle. This was just for shits and giggles. (and to fill a void in my life.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. Sorry, Matt! My sausage fingers hit "delete" instead of "publish" on your latest comment. Damn iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what they all say on Facebook....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. You look so illustrious when you're grainy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alana: I know, right? Like a grey poupon mustard.

    ReplyDelete