Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's a Christmas (sweater) miracle!

I got an agent!

Stop laughing. I'm being serious. I actually got an agent. No, not a cleaning agent. Very funny. And no, not a special agent. That doesn't even make sense! Pardon? A riot control agent? What the? Okay, it's obvious that you're looking up the word "agent" on Wikipedia. Stop doing that.

I got a literary agent.

Whoa. You look woozy, like you might pass out. You're in shock, right? You came to my blog looking for stories of rejection only to be hit with what? With good news? It's unsettling, I know; it's thrown you off your axis. But you need to settle down. I mean, look at you: you're shaking like a leaf. I promise, it's going to be fi... NOoooo! You spilled Cup-a-Soup all over your keyboard! Oh great. And now your dog is licking the keyboard. He's gnawing on the command key! Put the dog outside. I'll wait here. Go, go. It's fine. I'll keep myself busy by gluing rhinestones onto my Christmas sweater.


You back yet? No?


There you are. Hi. Anyways, like I was saying, I got an agent! I came across her information on Guide to Literary Agents and I knew she'd be the perfect fit for my book. I guess she thought so, too, because we had a really nice phone conversation on Monday. (I'm glad it wasn't via Web cam because I was pinching myself the whole time.) She wrote some amazing stuff about my book here and I'm still in shock. It's a Christmas (sweater) miracle!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats again! She wrote some seriously amazing stuff, and it's great to know that your efforts have taken you another step forward.

    It's also great to know that learning to bedazzle sweaters is still as awesome as it used to be.

    Speaking of which, how did I never notice that your profile pic was Cheerleader from TGS? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Matt! Whatever happened to Strongbad anyways? Is he still around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it looks like you forced me out of the 'no comment' closet once again to offer my congratulations on the good news (the agent, not the sweater).

    Normally, good news happening to other struggling writers elicits strong feelings of bitterness, angst and jealously in me (and don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about), a kind of writer's Schadenfreude. But in this case, I'm truly delighted for you because you've got talent and you deserve good things. I'm looking forward to buying a copy of The Weather Inside and telling everyone that I 'knew' this writer when she was blogging about 50 rejections.
    All the best (I knew you could do it)
    Andrew from YUL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do know what you're talking about, Andrew Anonymous. I kind of hate myself, as a matter of fact. Thanks for the good tidings. I hope I have the chance to hate you soon, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That's so exciting! Congratulations! I too am oddly missing any sort of typical Schadenfreude and am genuinely happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Elly! Keep your fingers crossed for me. I can't wait to read your book, by the way. I'm tempted to dive into the digital version, but I'll be good and wait for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations Emily, this is a dream come true. So wonderful to see your hard work pay off and that you have found an agent who recognizes the talent that we always knew you had. Can't wait to get my very own autographed copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Evadne! (And thanks for the Twitter mentions, too.) Six years and two bad manuscripts later. Who knew writing a book was so hard? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came here to follow you and was happy to hear you found an agent. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Franzine! I really like your blog, btw. I'm glad I came across it. The internet is so handy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete