Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WTF is that flat, circular duck thing anyways?

Since the middle of the week is kind of "blah," I've decided to turn it into something "rah rah!" by making Wednesdays all about literary inspiration. Each Hump Day, I'll be posting a photo or a link to a story or a song that I find creatively stimulating. For this week's entry, I give you:


The freakiest house in all of Toronto. 

My good friend Mel lives nearby and every time I pass this place I worry about Mel's safety. I worry that the dolls and the Santa Clauses that have been nailed to every available surface will come to life one day, pry themselves free with doll-sized crowbars and prowl the neighbourhood for souls. 

I also worry about the people who live inside this home. I mean, if this is what they want us to see, can you imagine what they could be hiding? Oh God. Like what's in the attic or the crawl space? Or rather, who's in the attic or crawl space? Maybe Jimmy Hoffa or Amelia Earhart. Or that guy I had a crush on back in 1999 who never returned my calls.

So that's me. What's inspiring you today? 

2 comments:

  1. You. You are inspiring me today! Your quirky, odd-ball, imaginative sensibility is inspiring me today. Is it possible to be a fan of someone's mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I don't know if that's possible. But I do know that every time anyone says anything unkind to me (or just doesn't shower me with praise) I'm going to yell "Yeah? Well, Linda told me that I inspired her! So there!"

      (Seriously, though, that was a really awesome thing to read. Made my week.)

      Delete