Monday, June 4, 2012

Vonn in my gut

I've been reading Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut for the last few days. Until I reached the page I reached today, I didn't even really like the thing. But today happened and that page happened (75), and so now I love it. Coincidentally (or was it? more on that later), the very page that turned "meh" into "WOW" also had a glitch on it. Because I'm a loser, I took a photo of it:
As you can see, the font went from bold to, well, unbold, and the sentence is sort of crooked-like. Neat, huh? I was on the subway when I came across this mystical page and the lady sitting next to me was trying to read over my shoulder. I caught her at one point -- which was hard to do because she was really fast -- and I was all like "Step off, b! Because this page and I have something going on!" See, I've decided that page 75 and I are connected, tied together by fate. (Okay, not really. But come on, man, I haven't blogged in a while. Just go along with it.) It's kind of complicated and you probably won't get it, unless you know about the magical properties of crystals and dowsing sticks, etc. Basically, what all this means is that my next book will contain a melodious owl. That owl shall be my good-luck charm and shall carry my second book to the top of the New York Times Bestseller's List on its wings of... feathers?   Or, you know, not.

2 comments:

  1. It's been exactly a month since you've last posted. We need you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need me. That's funny, Alana. I have nothing to blog about right now. I've been putting all my brains into my book!

    ReplyDelete