Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Editing hibernation

It's lunchtime so I'm eating smoked tofu on a dusty gluten-free bun. I'm sitting on a marble bench in downtown Toronto that I forgot to scan for bird poop. I'm reading On The Road and am kind of disappointed. In Kerouac, sure, but mostly in my own expectations.

I just moved to a shadier spot because it's hot out here. Not the HOT HOT HEAT that the newspapers are crying about, but warm heat; the kind that hugs my overly air conditioned body in all the right places. I want to take this heat back with me to my cubicle. I want to hold it in between my shivering purple knees and never let it go.

Today, this perfectly warm Tuesday, is the day I go back into hardcore editing mode. (Today is also the day after my birthday in case you want to buy me something pretty or practical.)

For the next two weeks I'll be reading through my revised manuscript one more time before sending it off to my agent. I hope I love it as much as I did two weeks ago when the story seemed so fresh and the characters so punchy and real.

I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, yay! Go love it! And have happy birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I missed your birthday. Hope you had a happy day. And I can't wait to get that baby back in my hands!

    ReplyDelete