Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hurrah!

I had a major writing breakthrough last night. MAJOR. I am so stoked about it that I want to shout it from the tops of cliffs, preferably while wearing a white shirt that billows in the breeeze. But since cliffs aren't subway accessible where I live and this shirt will definitely make me look fat....


... I'll settle for typing out jubilant whoops
on my blog.

Woo hoo! Yay! Yippee!

I can see the end, people! I'm almost done with my (latest) rewrite of novel #1! Another couple weeks of hard work, followed by a couple months away from my manuscript, then another read/edit with fresh(ish) eyes, a read by my trusted writer friend, more edits and then -- five or so months from now -- I'll send it off to my agent.

I am very excited, I must say. I feel like I spend so much time worrying and thinking and working working working that I don't enjoy the moments when everything comes together and clicks, you know? So today I'm throwing a party in my brain. And you're all invited! Who's bringing the guacamole? 




9 comments:

  1. Awesome. That's huge, man. And by the way, I'll bring the guac.

    Peace, Blessings,

    -j1b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit! I just saw this, so I'm glad somebody brought the guac. Is there anything better than a victory party in the brain? I don't think so.

    Also, please come play in the seekrit sandbox on FB. Please? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I finally freed myself of Facebook! It's been three glorious years! I can't go back. I. Just. Can't! But I'll see thee on Twitter and your blog and my blog and in New York when we both get book deals and celebrate with martinis in the Rainbow Room.

      Delete
  3. FINE.

    Actually, maybe you could be my FB ANON sponsor when I hit rock bottom (almost there).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the rewrite! I'm getting close to finishing a brand new version of #1 myself. It never ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are Franzine! I've been missing your blog. So great that you're in rewrite mode too. We can help keep each other motivated. God knows I need it!

      Delete
  5. We should swap email addresses sometime. I forgot how to blog. I think all of my storytelling energy is used up by the book and also by my job. Nothing left. I wonder how we trade email addresses if we don't have each other's email addresses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, adding a blog into the creative mix can be draining. I'll DM you my email address on twitter.

      Delete