Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas!!! (and an update on my rewrite)


My husband and I put up the Christmas tree on the weekend and it's safe to say it's the smallest tree I've ever had. 



Just to give you an idea of the true scale of the thing…


Other than that, the novel rewrite I started back in April is nearing completion. I've got one more chapter left to read through tonight and then it's off to my agent. I like the book quite a bit now, although I did find myself nodding off in a few chapters that didn't need much revising from the original. Here is the text message exchange between myself and my fabulous writer friend when I was editing those chapters:


How exciting can words be when you've read them 25 times, though, right? You could be writing about exploding dragons in space and you'd still be like "Ugh. Enough with the exploding space dragons already!"


6 comments:

  1. I really really really want to know what happens in those boring chapters. I know it's a busy time of year, but please hurry up. I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell you what, if this book doesn't work out, I'll still send you a copy. It will be covered in my tears though.

      Delete
  2. First of all, I love seeing that phrase "my husband and I" and I just imagine you in your married bliss...

    Secondly, I love your tree butwhy does Tyrion look so alarmed?! Were you threatening him with tinsel or something?

    Lastly, your words are still exciting even on the 26th read. And as for me, exploding dragons in space just never lose their appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyrion looks alarmed because I had to take some extreme measures for the sake of this blog post. Dude was hanging by the craft services table on the Game of Thrones set, and then I show up with a chloroform-soaked rag and, well, the rest is history.

      So you like exploding dragons, huh? Looks like novel #3 will basically write itself then!

      Delete
  3. I want to read it, too. I want a signed copy, covered in happy tears. Also, super cute tree. And book shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, happy tears would be preferable. Wouldn't that be amazing? I haven't cried out of happiness since Christmas 1988. I got the Popple of my dreams.

      Delete