Sunday, November 13, 2016

Mini book tour to Edmonton and Calgary

My publisher, Freehand Books, was kind enough to bring me out to Alberta for a mini book tour last week. I was too nervous/excited to take good photos, but every now and then I'd think to pull out my phone. Here's a few.

Google Maps abandoned me halfway through my sojourn into downtown Edmonton.
This little stretch of neon was a happy discovery.
This vegan lentil loaf was not an accident;
I'd been planning on eating it for a week, and it did not disappoint.
(The Blue Plate Diner in Edmonton)

Me outside of Audreys Books in Edmonton.
It's cozy and brimming with books and shelves and readers
-- everything you'd want a bookstore to be. 

Good turnout for the reading at Audreys Books!

My biggest regret? Only taking one photo at the Freehand Fall Bash in Calgary. 
I couldn't really sleep -- my hotel-room neighbours were very much in love --
so thank goodness for TLC. After watching Toddlers and Tiaras for three hours,
I feel like I understand how Trump won the election.

6 comments:

  1. Loved getting a report on this. Go Em, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the pictures. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest regret? Not taking ANY photos at the event in Calgary. Gah! I need a checklist: remember to show up, remember to bring my copies of the books to get signed, remember to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete